Recipe by ShortyBond
I got this from a Wal-Mart recipe card. (Prep time does not include cooling time for the crust.)
Top Review by LonghornMama
Wonderful! Beautiful and colorful with lots of tastes and textures. Crescent roll crust is filled with a cream cheese dill layer, then loaded with chicken, blue cheese, cashews and veggies. These are certainly meant to be appetizers, but we had them for dinner tonight with a salad. I used reduced fat crescent rolls, cream cheese and sour cream, my usual subs, with great results. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded deli roasted chicken breast (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews, coarsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place dough in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Press over bottom and up sides of pan. Bake for 13-17 minutes or until brown. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed and pepper. Spread over cooled crust.
- Top with chicken, blue cheese, tomato and carrot. Lightly press toppings into cheese mixture. Sprinkle with cashews and parsley.
- Cut into squares, diamonds, or triangles to serve. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.