Recipe by LibraryAuLait
There are many substitutions you can make with this dish. Real chicken for veggie. Mozzarella cheese for provolone. Skim milk for soy milk. WW.
- 1 (6 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat soymilk
- 1 (6 ounce) package Morningstar Farms Meal Starters chicken strips
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in flour. Gradually stir in broth. Slowly stir in milk, and cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of casserole dish. Arrange chick’n in an even layer over noodles. Place broccoli over the chick’n. Pour sauce evenly over the broccoli. Sprinkle half the cheese over casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to set for 5 minutes, until cheese melts.