There are many substitutions you can make with this dish. Real chicken for veggie. Mozzarella cheese for provolone. Skim milk for soy milk. WW.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- 2Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Mix in flour. Gradually stir in broth. Slowly stir in milk, and cook, stirring, until sauce begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place cooked noodles in the bottom of casserole dish. Arrange chick’n in an even layer over noodles. Place broccoli over the chick’n. Pour sauce evenly over the broccoli. Sprinkle half the cheese over casserole.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to set for 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie "chicken" and Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.7 mg
- Sodium 536.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Morningstar Farms Meal Starters chicken strips