Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is some feel good food and you get some veggies to boot.
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice, I love Longhorn)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In a medium saucepan combine celery, carrots, onions and chicken broth.
- Heat to boiling reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until veggies are done.
- Combine milk , flour, paprika and salt. Stir into chicken broth mixture. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add the cheese - stirring till melted.
- If you want a smooth soup blend the veggies before adding other ingredients.