Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
In the summer I like to use cherry tomatoes from my garden, this makes a nice light dinner, served wth a crusty bun or toast!
Top Review by I'mPat
A very filling and scrumptiously good breakfast which I served with a wholegrain English muffin and the only change I made was to use red capsicum/bell pepper instead of green. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 78.07 ml chopped onion (or use 2-3 green onions)
- 59.14 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1.23 ml baking powder (this will make the eggs really light and fluffy!)
- 44.37 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml chopped tomato
- 59.14-78.07 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the mushroom slices, onions and bell peppers; saute until onions are transparent.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs with baking powder, whipping cream; add to the veggie mixture.
- Add/stir in chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper; then cook until the eggs are almost set.
- Mix in the shredded cheese and cook until melted (don't overcook the eggs).
- Serve immediately.