Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
In the summer I like to use cherry tomatoes from my garden, this makes a nice light dinner, served wth a crusty bun or toast!
Top Review by I'mPat
A very filling and scrumptiously good breakfast which I served with a wholegrain English muffin and the only change I made was to use red capsicum/bell pepper instead of green. Made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion (or use 2-3 green onions)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder (this will make the eggs really light and fluffy!)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add in the mushroom slices, onions and bell peppers; saute until onions are transparent.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs with baking powder, whipping cream; add to the veggie mixture.
- Add/stir in chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper; then cook until the eggs are almost set.
- Mix in the shredded cheese and cook until melted (don't overcook the eggs).
- Serve immediately.