Recipe by Bergy
You may serve these with Tahini dressing on the side (recipes are are on zaar for several) These are very good I love them and I'm not a vegetarian!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Super tasty and another surprising recipe that you'd never guess contains tofu. The tofu-tahini mixture (which I blended in the food processor) has a creamy, cheese-like consistency. It's even better after chilled in the refrigerator for a day or two! I didn't even use avocado and found this a delicious and filling lunch.
- 1 lb medium firm tofu, pressed to get the moisture out
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- cayenne pepper
- nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, washed, dried, stems removed, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & sliced
- 6 chapati or 6 whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tofu in a bowl, mash and mix with tahini, beat until very smooth.
- Add veggies, parsley & Tamari (not the spinach, bean sprouts, or avocado).
- Stir until thick.
- Lay out your chapatis, spread a thin line of tahini down the center of each.
- Top with 1/2 cup of this spread, spread evenly.
- Add sprouts, spinach and a slice or so of avocado.
- Roll up & serve.