Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This fiber rich recipe was on the self website. I have enjoyed this!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups drained cannellini beans, liquid reserved
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 4 slices crusty whole-wheat toast
- Heat oven to 400.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook zucchini, celery, onion, salt and pepper until soft, about 8 minutes. Mix in garlic and cook, stirring, another minute. Combine veggies, tomatoes, beans, 1/4 cup of the bean liquid, thyme and bay leaves in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves and serve warm with toast on the side.
- 382 calories per serving, 7.8 g fat (1 g saturated), 66 g carbs, 15.5 g fiber, 19.6 g protein.