Top Review by evewitch
I hate Veg-All with a passion, and would never serve it plain, but I have cans in my pantry that were given to me. I looked for something that would make it palatable but without Cream of Whatever soup. This recipe worked out pretty well. I was out of cheese, so I cut up some sliced Cheddar into small pieces. My casserole was a bit loose because I think I had less than the amount called for. I decided to use the celery. I did not have any Ritz crackers so I used a combination of crushed Triscuits and French's fried onions. I liked the casserole but it was too rich for some family members, so I will probably not make it again. I also found that it did not reheat well, because it ended up with pools of grease, so I recommend only making as much as you will eat the first time.
- 2 cans of veg-all mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 cup diced celery (optional)
- 1 package Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients except the crackers and melted butter, and mix well.
- Place in greased 11x7 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Combine the cracker crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over the vegetable mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, about 35 minutes.