Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
from 3 fat chicks on a diet UPDATE-2-11-09: OK SERIOUSLY!!!!! These are AWESOME!!! I added a little sliced olives to the veggie mix and used green peppers instead of red. after i brushed the egg white on i added a LITTLE grated parm. served with marinara sauce! hubby loved these also. he said "dont lose this recipe!" LOL! these are soooo simple to make!
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup halved and thinly sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In bowl, combine mushrooms, zucchini, pepper and onions. Sprinkle with garlic salt and basil and mix well. Unroll dough and place on cookie sheet. Roll into a 14 inch square and cut into 4 pieces. Place 1/4 cup of cheese on each square and spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top each with 1/4 of vegetable mixture. Fold dough over in half and press edges with fork to seal. Brush each pastry with egg white. Cut 2 or 3 slits in top of each pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
My family and I loved these. Simply but well seasoned and very satisfying. I will be making these many more times. I imagine I will make smaller sizes as appetizers for football season. Thanks bunches for this recipe.
Yum. This is a tasty and easy recipe. I used 8 oz. of trader joe's whole wheat pizza dough and that worked out well (this incidentally reduced the WW points to 4 per serving).This is something I would definitely make again. I served these with Super Simple Spicy Ketchup. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
Oh wow! I really was dubious about this one, but it was absolutely fantastic! I added about 3T of sun-dried tomatoes to the veggies and a pinch of parmesan over the veggies. Served them with marinara on the side for dipping. Can not believe how amazing these are! DH kept going on about them too, which he normally doesn't even when he likes something. Thanks so much!!