Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe my dad taught me that varied every time because he had a tendency of not writing things down. Sorry if the spice measurements are a bit off; I never really pay any attention to measurements when I make this.
- olive oil (vegetable or corn oil works too)
- 1 onion, chopped (color doesn't matter)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 0.59 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4 clove fresh garlic, minced (or 1 Tbs dehydrated or jarred)
- 1 can refried beans
- 6 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2 large tortillas
- Put about a quarter-sized drop of oil in a large frying pan, and place on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 7-10 minutes or until they're almost cooked enough to eat.
- Add zuccini, squash, tumeric, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the zuccini and squash is soft.
- Add garlic (if using fresh, cook about 2-3 minutes) and beans.
- Cook until warm.
- Place 3 slices of cheese inside each tortilla.
- Spread beans mixture over the cheese, and fold up as you want.
Very easy and very delicious! My family really enjoyed these burritos.