Recipe by Sarah McDonald
I came up with this recipe using leftovers and odds and ends that I had. My 5 year couldn't stop raving about it so I figured it was a keeper. My DH usually doesn't care for vegetarian dishes but he loved this too.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped zucchini, and or 1 cup yellow squash
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) canseasoned chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, zucchini, yellow squash in olive oil until soft.
- While those are cooking, add feta and mozzarella cheese to hot rice.
- Add beans and tomatoes to the onion mixture and heat through.
- Mix everything together.
- Place some of the mixture onto a tortilla shell and add salsa and sour cream.