Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
From "Fresh" an Australian Cooking tv program.
Top Review by Stardustannie
The flavour of these were outstanding! I loved mine served cold with a side salad and topped with maldon sea salt and lemon juice. This recipe produces a very soft pattie, which didnt hold together as well as I would have liked (the only reason these didnt get the full 5 stars)so I added some fresh breadcumbs to firm the mixture up slighly. Loved the crunchy outer bread coating! Thanks for sharing I'll be making these again.
- 1 cup du puy lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup sweet corn relish
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup finely cubed breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Add lentils to pan of boiling water and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook onion and garlic until softened. Add zucchini and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients except cubed breadcrumbs with cooked ingredients.
- Shape into patties and toss in cubed breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the lentil patties for approximately 1 to 2 minutes on both sides or until crisp and golden.