Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious, healthy meal that is a great alternative to beef.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 6 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Stir in corn, mushrooms, scallions, and bell pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, cumin and cayenne and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Add carrot and potato and stir to combine. Add egg white and season with salt and pepper. Stir in enough bread crumbs so that the mixture holds together. Shape mixture into 6 disks and place on a plate. Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in non-stick skillet and cook veggie burgers until golden on each side.
Found the burgers to be a little moist and unable to stay together as a burger. But I processed 1 cup of old fashioned oatmeal as a flour and added it a little at a time about a third cup not too much or it will be dry. Very Very Good
This is delicious! We are trying to cut back on the red meat, and this was a great hamburger alternative.