Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 large red peppers or 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb soy crumbles
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup or 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute garlic, Italian seasoning, onion, and pepper in olive oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add ground meat substitute and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ketchup or barbecue sauce, egg substitute, mozarella cheese, and cereal.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties and place them in an oiled baking dish.
- Sprinkle burgers with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, depending on size and thickness of burgers.
- Baked burgers, stored in an airtight container, should keep well in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To reheat, microwave burger until warm.