Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Sliced onion, mushroom, bell pepper and a dill-cucumber topping bring a huge amount of flavor to these baked veggie burgers. Use any flavor of veggie or soy burgers you like. You can make the topping ahead and chill.
- 1 (12 7/8 ounce) packagefrozen veggie burgers, 4 burgers
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 pita breads, cut in half to form pockets (6 inches in diameter)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Spray jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Place burgers on one side of pan. Place bell pepper, onion and mushrooms on other side of pan. Spray vegetables with cooking spray and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan. Turn burgers and vegetables. Bake 5 to 8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and burgers are hot.
- To make Dill-Cucumber topping mix together mayo, sour cream, chopped cucumber, and dill. You can make this ahead and chill.
- Spread Dill-Cucumber topping on insides of pita bread halves. Fill each pita bread half with lettuce, burger and vegetables.
I made these en masse for a community kitchen. Everyone loved them. Thanks!
What a great lunch we had today, thanks to you Asha! I love the Dill-Cucumber sauce! I only made two burgers but the whole amount of sauce. So consider the sauce doubled for us, always! Thanks for a wonderful new keeper!!!