Ms. DMAC's Note:
As the chef of my family, I have embraced meatless dishes as a way to get more vital nutrients and nourishing foods into our diet. These light and tasty patties make the perfect substitute for those days when you want a cheeseburger. You may grill these in a non-stick pan with no added oils, or you can pan fry them. I suggest trying the non-stick route, for better health! Serve with provolone cheese, on a bun or just by itself. My son liked ranch dressing with his, and I made a balsamic broccoli rainbow slaw to put atop mine. We were all satisfied!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mushroom, of your choice
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 (16 ounce) can drained and rinsed garbanzo beans (Chick Peas)
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon mccormick's pinch perfect garlic basil seasoning (or other seasoning)
- 1Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth. Mince finely or put into a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- 2Saute the onions and garlic on medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender and darken in color. Remove from heat, drain off and reserve excess water. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Mash or use a food processor on the Garbanzo beans to make a paste. It is okay if some of the beans are intact, gives a nice texture.
- 4Combine the mushroom mixture, the cooked quinoa, the mashed garbanzo beans, the bread crumbs, the green onions, the McCormick's seasoning and the beaten egg and combine well with a rubber spatula.
- 5You may need to add more liquid, use the reserve from the mushrooms & onion mixture.
- 6Form into patties. Make sure they are not too thick or they will not cook right. There should be 6 medium large patties, no more than 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Refrigerate the patties for an hour, covered tightly with plastic wrap.
- 8Use a non-stick pan to grill on each side, about 6 minutes each side on Medium High heat. I had no problems with sticking, but if you must you a cooking spray first.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Burger Patties W/ Mushrooms, Quinoa, & Garbanzo Beans
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 410.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic basil seasoning