Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Mel's Bar and Grill in Denver, Colorado.
Make and share this Veggie Burger From: Mel's Bar and Grill recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, seed and dice cucumber.
- Place into mixing bowl.
- Add curry, 1 ounce olive oil, half the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste set aside.
- Slice both ends of onion, peel outer layer.
- Slice onions to desire thickness and put on plate.
- Brush on both sides with olive oil salt and pepper both sides.
- Place on medium hot grill and mark both sides.
- Place onions in bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place yogurt, mint, salt and pepper into mixing bowl.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Lightly brush olive oil on all sides of veggie burgers and flat bread.
- Lightly salt and pepper burgers and place on medium grill 2-3 minutes each side.
- Coat each half of the flatbread with mint yogurt.
- Place veggie burger on one half of flatbread, top with cucumbers and grilled onions and serve.
Used far less oil. Also made two batches of the yogurt sauce (therefore doubled), one with and one without the curry. The one without was the clear winner. The yogurt, cucumber and mint all go really well with a veggie burger - giving it a yummy falafel-like taste. You could even go super easy and sub pre-made tzatziki. (Please note: the vinegar and the other half of the garlic are missing from the directions).