Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Vegetable patties open to interpretation. I have yet to try these. The cooking time is an estimate.
- 1 (425 g) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzos)
- 4 cups variety grated vegetables (sweet potato, zucchini, potato, onion, carrot)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- In a large bowl roughly mash chickpeas, add remaining ingredients; mix well. Sit for 10 minutes and mix again (this will allow flavours to develop).
- Form mixture into round patties. Heat a flat frying pan, brush with a little oil and cook patties on both sides until golden brown.
Wow. this worked out pur-r-r-r-fectly for me tonight. Not in a measuring mood & looking for simple. This is just a throw-it-in medley & worked out great. Highly recommended.
Yummy, I made some alterations... I was out of fresh coriander, and sesame seed, so I omitted seed, but used dry coriander instead. I used 2c. veggies, and pinto beans, I was out of chick peas. Very yummy. I added Garlic salt, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the burgers before frying. Very good flavor. Be sure to add those seasoning when you make them. I will make again. :)
I made this awhile ago, and they are still in the freezer. I don't know if I did something wrong, but they were mushy and didn't want to hold together. I have all these patties left over and I don't know what to do with them because they don't seem like they can be rescued (imo).