Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Food Network. Time does not include 1 hour chilling time. I am going to try substituting cooked wild rice for the breadcrumbs.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 6 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Stir in corn, mushrooms, scallions, and bell pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and cayenne and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in spinach.
- Add carrot and potato and stir to combine. Add egg white and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in enough bread crumbs so that the mixture holds together.
- Shape mixture into 6 disks and place on a plate. Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in non-stick skillet and cook veggie burgers until golden on each side.