Wendys Kitchen's Note:
From the Food Network. Time does not include 1 hour chilling time. I am going to try substituting cooked wild rice for the breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 6 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1In a large pan heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- 2Stir in corn, mushrooms, scallions, and bell pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, cumin and cayenne and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in spinach.
- 4Add carrot and potato and stir to combine. Add egg white and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in enough bread crumbs so that the mixture holds together.
- 6Shape mixture into 6 disks and place on a plate. Chill for 1 hour.
- 7Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in non-stick skillet and cook veggie burgers until golden on each side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Burger
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g