Recipe by khah
A homemade substitute for hamburgers, if you ever have a veggie at a party or barbeque. Good, even without bun!
Top Review by blanks
Good tasting, but mushy. I even added some flour because the mixture seemed so soft. Next time I might use breadcrumbs, we didnt have any on hand. The flavour is nice, though I didnt have kidney beans and so used black beans. The whole patty is pretty mushy though, I'll try leaving it more coarse next time as well.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained,and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw all ingredients in food processor (or blender, if you dont have one).
- Pulse (or blend) until coarsely chopped.
- Chill mixture, then shape into four (4) 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Now you can wrap and freeze them for later.
- To cook, thaw patties in microwave, then broil 4-6 inches from heat for 10 to 15 minutes (or until warm in the middle).
- You can do this in your broiler or on the grill.
- Serve like you do your favorite meat patties!