Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my ultimate hangover cure, for when you wake up on a Sunday morning too late for breakfast but a little bit before lunch. Keeps you full for a good while too.
- 200 g baked beans
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 dash olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 dash milk
- whole grain bread
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- Soften onions in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and soften them over a medium heat, being careful not to burn.
- Add tomato and cook until soft.
- Add tin of baked beans and stir. Heat through and move to the side.
- Break 2 eggs into a mug.
- Add herbs and seasoning and milk.
- Whisk together.
- Cook as an omelet/scrambled eggs as preferred.
- Put bean mixture into a serving bowl and top with egg.
- Sprinkle with cheddar and cook until cheese is melted in microwave.
- Toast bread and serve to the side.
Great dish! The veggies and beans are, indeed, nice and filling and taste great together. I used leftover homemade baked beans. I made one change and that was to prepare fried eggs to put on top, per personal preference. Thanks for sharing!