Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
An ideal one-dish meal for big family breakfasts. Perfect for veggies and for vegans.
- 3 cups cubed and cooked potatoes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu, mashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together the potatoes, tofu, and soy sauce.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until translucent.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the onion and garlic into the potato mixture, and add the parsley, basil, and black pepper.
- Spread into an oiled 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 35 minutes.
Mirjam, you MUST be crowned tofu-queen! Your recipes always make tofu taste 10 times better than anyone could imagine! I scaled this all the way down to 1 serving, but I didn't have any problems with it. I had this for dinner, and since I was rather ravenous, I baked only for 25 minutes, but the top seemed to be browned just right! This was wonderfully easy, nutritious and tasty! Thanks so much!
Love this! I used a little more onion and garlic, but only because I love them. These potatoes have a nice flavor and I love the fact that it's so healthy with just a little oil and all the "good stuff" like tofu and garlic.
This was a little bland for my taste buds. I added some tomato and crushed red pepper but it didn't come out too tasty. This was more of a scramble and not so much a casserole, nothing binds together. Not bad but not great either as it is. Good starting point though if you wanted you get a basic recipe that you can spice up to make your own.