Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
MY Mother-in-Laws healthy moist tasty muffin receipe
- 236.59 ml lite olive oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml sugar or 354.88 ml Splenda granular
- 3 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml natural bran
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 73.94 ml cocoa powder
- 236.59 ml carrot, shredded
- 236.59 ml apple, shredded
- 236.59 ml zucchini, shredded
- 118.29 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional) or 118.29 ml craisins (optional)
- 118.29 ml nuts (optional)
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine oil,vanilla sugar. Mix in eggs.
- Add flour,baking soda ,baking powder, cocoa.
- Mix well & add carrots, apples, zucchini and any optionals.
- Adding 1/2 cup apple sauce makes it very moist.
- Mixture will be thick and not batter like. This is normal. They do not rise much so fill the muffin cups about to level of the top.
- Place in muffin pans with papers or spray silicone pans.
- Bake 28 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Tasty dense moist muffin. I used splenda and egg substitute to reduce calories so I can justify the chocolate chips.
- They freeze well and can be defrosted in micowave individually.
- optional substitute for spice muffin 2 tsp cinnamon & 1 tsp nutmeg for cocoa powder.
We call this recipe "Yucky Yummy Cake" because the ingredients that go in are "yucky" but it comes out "yummy"! A great lunch box recipe! Thanks for sharing.
The steps don't mention when to add the bran. I followed the steps and it didnt occur to me i didnt add bran before baking. I would add it to the steps.