Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my small tweak on a recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz of the Post Punk Kitchen. Hers uses soba noodles but soba and I don't get along so I use brown rice or quinoa (or any grain you love). The cauliflower is lovely but you can use any favorite veggie in its place. Also try swapping out the lentils for chickpeas or your favorite bean. You're getting the picture right? Any grain, any veggie, any legume will work. They're not the stars. The dressing is. It's all about This. Luscious. Dressing.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh black pepper
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup white miso
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash fresh herb (to garnish, dill, cilantro and parsley are all good choices.) (optional)
- Add the water to the rice and prepare according to package directions.
- Cook the lentils if you don’t already have prepared ones (1 cup dry is about 2 cups cooked.) Preheat the oven to 425 F and chop the cauliflower into large florets. It’s easy to do this by chopping it in half lengthwise, pulling of the leafy base and then pulling off the florets with your hands.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray. Toss the cauliflower on the with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, flipping once, until aromatic nicely toasted.
- In the meantime, place all dressing ingredients in a small blender. A Magic Bullet works great here. Start with 1/2 cup water, and then add another 1/4 to thin, if you like.
- Assemble the bowl:.
- Divide rice into big bowls. Top with lentils, cauliflower and plenty of sauce. Garnish with herbs and serve!