Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very healthy and tasty recipe. I wanted to stuff chicken breasts but didn't have some of the ingredients for the recipes posted here in RZ. I saved the trip to the grocery store and came up with this one.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 asparagus spears (very chopped!)
- 1⁄2 small red pepper
- 2 mushrooms (your preference)
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Using a hand held food chopper (or food processor), chop all ingredients until pieces are very small.
- In a medium pan, add olive oil. When warm, add all chopped ingredients. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- With knife, cut a pocket in the breasts. Do not cut breasts in half.
- Using a small spoon, stuff breasts with veggies. Close pocket using tooth picks.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large pan, cook chicken in medium heat until ready.
- Add cheese slices and wait until melted.
- Sprinkle with parsley or basil (if desired)and serve.
This was good. It was also much easier to stuff them than we thought it was going to be. We used only 3 slices of cheese and we left the mushrooms out. This recipe has lots of possibilities. It was a nice, low-calorie dish. Thanks!
I haven't even made this yet, but it looks looks & sounds YUMMY - and versatile! (You could substitute jarred roasted red peppers, play around with different cheese slices....) I'm adding this one to my cookbook! Thanks for posting it, 10ve2cOOk!