Recipe by coconutcream
From the Alpha-Bakery children's cookbook put out by Gold Medal Flour when I was a kid. I used to love cooking up all these recipes with my mom!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (broccoli flowerets, 1/4-inch carrot slices, 1/2-inch zucchini slices, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°. Brush bottom of a 13x9 inch pan with about 1 tablespoons of the melted margarine.
- Beat eggs and water with a fork in a shallow dish. Mix flour and salt in another shallow dish.
- Dip about 1/4 of the vegetables into egg mixtures. Remove 1 vegetable piece at a time; roll in flour mixture to coat. Place in pan.
- Repeat with remaining vegetables. Pour remaining margarine carefully over each vegetable piece and into pan.
- Bake uncovered, turning once, until vegetables are crisp-tender and coating is golden brown, about 10-12 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle lightly with grated parmesan cheese if you like.