Recipe by Derf
This is made up of "soft" veggies so it is quick to cook, except the beef that is marinated overnight. I used Marinade for Beef by Johnvac52,for the marinade, it is excellent and I reserved the marinade and used some of it for the sauce on the stir fry. Delicious!! Using the marinade for the sauce creates wonderful flavour! Cook time does not include the time to marinate overnight.
- 1⁄2 lb round steak, sliced in thin strips (or flank steak)
- 1⁄2 cup beef marinade, of your choice
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups suey choy, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby bok choy, sliced
- 1⁄2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pepper, sliced, any colour
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 cup watercress, packed and roughly chopped (spinach may be used, but you won't get the lovely peppery flavour of the watercress.)
- 1⁄4 cup reserved marinade (or remainder)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef strips in marinade of your choice and marinate overnight.
- Remove beef strips from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Slice/chop all veggies and place in a large bowl, mix thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat olive oil over high heat, quick brown beef strips, about 3 minutes; reduce heat to medium; add all of the bowl of veggies; stir fry to tender crisp, about 5 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your veggies.
- Make a slurry of 1/4 cup of reserved marinade and cornstarch; add to veggies and beef; stir fry until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- The remaining marinade may be used to thin the sauce if required.
- Serve over hot brown rice or noodles.