Recipe by Marc R.
A sweet and tangy veggie bean dip that goes great with white corn chips like Tostitos Scoops! I got this recipe from a friend who made it when she had game night with her friends. I cut everything by hand to give it a nice look...no food processor! Enjoy...It's addictive!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup celery
- 1 small red onion
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the black eyed peas, black beans, pinto beans, white corn and put into a large bowl.
- Finely dice the red pepper, green pepper, celery (enough for one cup) and red onion and add to bowl.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan, combine the vinegar, oil, water, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic (finely minced) and bring to a boil.
- Add boiling mix to bean mix and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain liquid as you serve it and enjoy with your favorite corn chips!