1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This has become a family favourite. I hope you like it, too.
My Private Note
yummy q ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 uncooked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons flour
- parsley or red pepper flakes, to garnish (to garnish)
- 1Precook piecrust in preheated 350-degree oven (prevents soggy crust).
- 2In a large skillet, fry the bacon pieces until they are crisp.
- 3Set bacon aside to drain on paper towel, but do not discard bacon drippings.
- 4Sauté the onions, zucchini and peppers in the bacon drippings.
- 5Drain the vegetables well and put them in the precooked crust followed by cheese.
- 6Blend eggs, mustard, flour, and evaporated milk and pour the mixture into piecrust over other ingredients.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 8After about 35 minutes of baking time, spread the cooked bacon pieces over the pie and sprinkle some more shredded cheese on top.
- 9Pie is cooked when knife comes out clean when inserted in pie.
- 10Let set for 5 minutes or so before cutting.
- 11Garnish as desired and serve hot, warm, or cold.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Bacon Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 137.4 mg
- Sodium 374.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard