Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I recently moved in with my fiancee, and while I was cleaning out the kitchen, I discovered a brand new, unopened Crock Pot. Heck yes. This is my first attempt at making delicious things come out of it. I went to the grocery store, bought things that I like to eat, and put them all in the Crock Pot. Feel free to make substitutions. I don't like a whole lot of spices and seasoning, so add more if you feel it's necessary. You could also substitute one type of veggie for another based on your tastes, add more seitan, whatever. This is great for anyone who may have too many leftover veggies in their fridge!
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan, strips
- 1 (15 ounce) cansoup beans, barley, and lentils
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups rice or 2 cups pasta, of your choice
- 1 stalk fresh kale
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- Cook the pasta and drain it.
- Chop up the vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients in your Crock Pot.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8.