Recipe by Jacquiesa
We love acorn squash and quinoa, so I figure, why not put them together? This is a very hearty and filling recipe!
- 1 acorn squash, halved
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake acorn squashes in a 350 degree preheated oven face down in a baking dish filled with about an inch of water for 30 minutes.
- While squash is baking, add quinoa and water to a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove quinoa from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Put veggies in a microwave safe dish, sprinkle with water, and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix veggies, margarine/butter, chili powder and quinoa.
- When squash is finished baking, stuff squash with quinoa and veggie mixture.
- Place in a clean baking dish, cover with foil, and return to oven for another 40 minutes.