Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy and creamy
Make and share this Veggie a La King recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped into thirds
- 1⁄3 medium cauliflower, flowers of
- 1⁄3 medium broccoli, flowers of
- 100 g mixed sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili infused avocado oil
- 100 g crumbled vegan cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rice powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds (eg sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, sesame)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- heat chili infused avocado oil.
- stir in spices and seeds.
- toast lightly.
- place to one side.
- stir fry carrots, cauliflower and broccoli until almost cooked.
- add sprouts.
- stir fry for one minute.
- coat with chickpea flour.
- add water, rice milk powder and soy sauce.
- let simmer for 5 minutes.
- stir in spice and seed mixture.
- stir in vegan cheese just before serving.
- serve on a bed of brown basmati rice.
Made this for my veggie son & his wife the other day & they really liked it, as did my other half, although I thought it could have used a little less cumin & turmeric! Still, when 3 out of 4 want to give it a 5-star rating, I won't stand in their way! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]