Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from a cookbook I borrowed from the library and I am sorry I didn't write down the name of the book. We first made this in the dutch oven over the camp fire. Anything over a fire is good! But this is just as good done in the crockpot for 8 hours or on the stove for 35 minutes! I use a lot of garlic and a LOT of heat - so feel free to tone it down to your tastes!Enjoy - it's healthy!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added great northern beans
- 3 cups water
- Add all ingredients to soup pot, bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer for 25-35 minutes.
- Alternate Crockpot directions:.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, cook on low for 8 hours (or high for about 4).
- Alternate Dutch oven campfire directions:.
- Add all ingredients to well oiled, cast iron Dutch oven, put on hot coals.
- Stir occasionally, cook for 1-3 hours until bubbling.