Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
All veggi all good
- 1⁄2 bunch spinach
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper (or which ever you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Prep: Slice your peppers as desired ( I like mine long and thin ). I rinsed and cut my broccoli into smaller, quarter sized, parts. Rinse and tear your Spinich as desired (mine were about the size of playing cards). I had a brick of mozzerella which I sliced into 1"x4" strips.
- I used bionatureae organic noodles, which needed to be prepared by boiling in water. I added 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp olive oil in about 1/2 gallon of water and brought to a boil. I added 4 noodles at a time and boiled for about 5-6 minutes or until malleable.
- At the same time I started to sautee my vegies for about 6-8 minutes I took 2 tsp olive oil and coated a stir fry pan on med heat. Then added the diced broccoli, sliced peppers a pinch of salt and the sun dried tomatoes and let them simmer, flipping ocassionally. Adding about half the bunch of spinich until slightly wilted.
- Take about 3 tbsp of the pasta sauce and coat the bottom of your baking dish. I had a 9"x11" stone baking dish.
- Once the noodles looked ready I scooped them out one at a time, let them drip dry then layered them into the stone baking dish. Once all were removed I added 4 more noodles to boil.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put another light layer of sauce on the noodles.
- Add your sauteed vegies evenly across the noodles.
- I sliced my mozzerella into 1"x4" strips and layered it across the veggies
- I also spooned about 1/2 cup of ricotta in the gaps between the veggies to even it out.
- Repeat layers until you're satisfied with height (I only did the one layer of veggies, but you could do more.
- On my top layer I spread another thin layer of pasta sauce.
- Then topped with a layer of mozzerlla and baked for apx 35-40 minutes.
- This was a general breakdown of how I prepared this meal. I wasn't sure how it would turn out as my first attempt at lasagna and impovised at that.