Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hearty and spicy, thrifty and vegan too.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pot, sautee onions in oil until transluscent. Add mushrooms, and sautee until softened. Add tomatoes, beans, corn, and spices. Simmer for one hour, minimum. Better if simmered up to 2 hrs (covered) on low heat.