Recipe by T!Van
This isn't exactly like a lasagna since there aren't any pasta noodles. Instead of the pasta, there are layers of zucchini and cucumber. I accidently peeled a cucumber the first time I tried making a zucchini lasagna and ended up with this which tasted pretty good to me. You can make the whole thing out of just zucchini if you want. I use Fat Free Organic Spaghetti Sauce with Mushrooms from Trader Joe's.
Top Review by livinthefaith
This Zucchini Lasagna was AMAZING!! After reading another review, we used only zucchini as well. We also used dried chopped garlic instead of fresh garlic and it turned out great! It was so surprising how satisfying it was without having any meat in it...or even any of the other cheeses that are usually in lasagna. Our 6 and 4 year olds were even asking for seconds! We will definitely be making it again! Thank you for posting it!
- 1⁄4 zucchini
- 1⁄4 cucumber
- 3⁄4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 white button mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel zucchini and cucumber with a vegetable peeler to get long wide strips
- Layer some of the sauce in a mini loaf pan.
- Now alternate layers of zucchini/sauce/cucumber/sauce.
- At one point slice the mushrooms and chop the garlic and add it to one layer.
- On the second to last layer, add the parmesan cheese
- Finish with the last of the sauce.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.