1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Yakisoba
esmerelda smoot's Note:
A yummy vegetarian version of this traditional Japanese dish (from elliemay.com). *The toasted sesame seeds are optional but very yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (note, regular worc. sauce contains fish) or 1 tablespoon vegetarian worcestershire sauce (note, regular worc. sauce contains fish)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or 2 teaspoons other hot chili paste
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 4 scallion tops, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- 2Cook the soba noodles in the boiling water for about 2 minutes or until they are al dente.(cooking any longer will cause the noodles to clump together.).
- 3Drain the noodles, rinse lightly with cold water and drain again. (This is important so the noodles won't stick.).
- 4Combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili paste, sugar, and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- 5Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- 6When hot, add the onions, garlic, carrots, and cabbage. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften and brown slightly.
- 7Add the soba noodles and the soy sauce mixture and cook just long enough to reheat the noodles and thoroughly coat them in the sauce.
- 8Serve garnished with the chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Yakisoba
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1540.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: