This soup is not only filling but healthy as well. Easy to make and very tasty.
Make and share this Vegetarian White Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml uncooked navy beans
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 354.88 ml sliced cabbage
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 9.85 ml vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml water
- Soak beans for 20 minutes in enough lukewarm water to cover.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, cook and stir until tender.
- Drain the beans and add them along with the potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, parsley, bouillon, bay leaf and 6 cups water to Dutch oven.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1-1 1/4 hours or until beans are tender; adding additional water if necessary.