Recipe by liz timm
This soup is not only filling but healthy as well. Easy to make and very tasty.
Top Review by FoodLuv543
This soup tasted delicious, but the beans took so long to cook that all of the other vegetables became complete mush. Next time I make this I will be using canned beans. Otherwise a very good recipe!
- 1 cup uncooked navy beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 -8 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans for 20 minutes in enough lukewarm water to cover.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, cook and stir until tender.
- Drain the beans and add them along with the potatoes, carrots, celery, cabbage, parsley, bouillon, bay leaf and 6 cups water to Dutch oven.
- Mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1-1 1/4 hours or until beans are tender; adding additional water if necessary.