Recipe by Dancer^
I love french bread pizza, this is the best.
Top Review by Oenophilly
I made this on a freshly prepared pizza crust, and it was okay, although not sensational. I liked that it could more or less be made from vegetable leftovers from other meals and was healthy as far as pizza goes, but it tasted a bit too mushy for me.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf frozen French bread dough or 1 loaf pizza dough or 1 loaf italian bread dough or 1 loaf all-purpose bread dough
- 1 cup italian tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute vegetables in oil, drain and cool.
- Stir in cheese.
- Roll dough into a 1/2-inch-thick circle.
- Put on a 12-inch pizza pan or 10-inch pie plate.
- Spread Italian Tomato Sauce on pizza.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over sauce.
- Bake pizza at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool, cover with heavy aluminum foil and freeze.
- To serve, thaw and heat in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 20 minutes.