Recipe by blucoat
Hearty meatless alternative to the classic dish. From All Recipes. Kids will love this.
- 0.5 (14 ounce) package vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) packagevegetarian veggie crumbles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 slices bread, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine vegetarian ground beef, vegetarian ground beef crumbles, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, sage, garlic powder, mustard, oil, bread cubes and milk. Transfer to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and form into a loaf. Pour tomato sauce on top.
- Place carrots and potatoes around loaf and spray vegetables with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes; turn vegetables. Bake another 30 to 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.