Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another delicious Italian recipe that is vegetarian. The amount of cheese you add is very versatile, depending on your tastes. This will serve 6-8.
- 1 eggplant, peeled & sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into squares
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2-1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, green pepper, and onions.
- Cook until barely tender.
- Layer 1/2 of vegetables, cheese, and sauce in greased baking dish, seasoning layers with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Sprinkle with grated sharp cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.