Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this one night for dinner as my daughter loves Italian. So far I had just tried pasta and wanted to give her more at home Italian options and also have some veggies included. This was a great find for me:-) I used sweet potatoes and spinach instead of the standard cream cheese stuffing and it was awesome:-) So let your imagination run wild and make your own stuffings.
- 2 cups flour, I used wheat for health reasons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour to rolls
- 1 big sweet potato
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and chopped fine. you may use a cup of frozen spinach too
- 1 clove garlic minced fine. i used garlic salt and did not add any further salt
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, lightly toasted and ground fine. you may just use bread crumbs also
- Boil, peel and mash the sweet potatoes with the spinach. Add the basil, garlic and salt. Add the flax seed or the bread crumbs to make a good ballable stuffing!
- If you are using the garlic salt like me do away with the fresh garlic and salt.
- Mix the salt and flour and make a ball of dough by adding water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a lemon sized dough, ball it up and roll out a circle using a rolling pin. Cut them into 3 strips. Place a tablespoon of stuffing in the center of a strip, fold and seal with a fork. Remove excess dough. This should give you moon shaped raviolis. Make as much ravioli as needed in whatever shape you need. Just ensured they are firm and sealed tight.
- In a soup pan boil water till it bubbles and drop the raviolis a couple at a time and take care not to break them. When the pieces start floating and sticky to touch its done. Ladle it carefully out on the plate.
- Pour some butter sauce on top and serve. Its a delight at home!