1/3 Photos of Vegetarian/Vegan Pizza (No Cheese)
1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 15 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is from my dad, who developed some vegan recipes after my sister became a vegan. This doesn't have any cheese, and you don't miss it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110-120 deg. F)
- 2 1/2 cups white flour
- 1Mix water, yeast and sugar and let stand 10 minutes to start bubbling.
- 2Add flour to yeast mix and blend well.
- 3Place in a greased or oiled bowl, and cover with a warm damp cloth.
- 4Allow to rise in a warm place until double in bulk, around 1 hour.
- 5Punch down dough and pat out onto an oiled (or cornmeal dusted) pizza pan to form the crust.
- 6Bake in a preheated 450° F oven for 7 minutes. Crust may be refrigerated or frozen at this point. If using right away, turn oven down to 350°F.
- 7Place olive oil, basil, garlic, ketchup, pine nuts, and lemon juice in blender and process until smooth.
- 8Spread mixture onto baked pizza crust evenly.
- 9Add tomatoes, mushrooms and onions (or whatever you like, really) and bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian/Vegan Pizza (No Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (1165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.9
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g