Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe was posted by my on-line friend. Super easy and delish! I highly recommend it!
- 4 (16 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Put all ingredients into the slow cooker, and cook on LOW for 8-12 hours. To serve, top with coriander, cheddar cheese (can be low fat), sour cream (low fat) and salsa.
- The recipe could probably feed about 8-10 people. No fat, and very healthy.
Very easy and delicious . Like Ladypit, I also used dry beans soaked over night and 4 cups of broth. A side of cornbread made this a hearty meal. Thanks! I'm adding this one into my folder of repeats.
Good. I used dried beans that I soaked over night. Because there was no liquid in the beans (as I didn't have cans) I used 4 cups of vegetable broth. I used a little less curry powder and brown sugar splenda at half strength (as it says on the package). This cooked all day and was good eaten with Recipe#164745. I have frozen half for later.
I intended to freeze the leftovers but we had no problem to keep eating this the next day until it was gone LOL. The addition of the curry gave this a totally different flavour to my other chili recipes and the crockpot made it very easy to make indeed. The smell in the house was lovely and DH has requested this one as a "keeper". Please see my rating system as this earns itself a well deserved 4 stars. Thanks!