Recipe by NewVegetarian
Since I'm a vegetarian, I always seem to have bits of vegetables around the house. I also usually have vegetable stock on hand. This recipe came about from me trying to figure out what to do with a huge can of cannelini beans and the bits of vegetables I had laying around the house. I really enjoyed it. I hope you will too.
- 1 (29 ounce) cangoya cannellini beans
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 small garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon italian seasoning (no salt)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add all of the vegetables, the Mrs. Dash, the Italian seasoning, and the salt and sauté until the onions are semi-translucent.
- Add the bean and vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and puree until smooth. Serve hot.