Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr
feeling left out at christmas and thanksgiving? never any viable protein sources so you're living on salad and rolls while the feasting family look at you askance? this is faster and easier then most big roasts and you can reheat it in someone's microwave if having holiday dinner away from home. this reminds me of my childhood. one of those things i never thought i'd taste again. nutritional info may not be right as i couldn't get zaar to recognize "vegetarian chicken breasts" as an ingredient. you can get them close to the other fake meat in your local grocery store or you could probably use the fake chicken strips instead but cook for less time.
- 2 vegetarian chicken pieces (the bigger "chicken breasts", can get in a vegan variety if needed)
- 2 teaspoons butter (optional) or 2 teaspoons margarine (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (i use mckormack's chicken flavor)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- rub the "chicken" breasts with butter or margarine, place in a small pot, mix spices and broth cube with water and pour over "chicken".
- bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for at least 1 hour. you could also make the broth and marinate overnight, then just take the whole container to a party and microwave for 5 min or so.
- remove "chicken" from broth, top with cranberry relish. you could use the remaining broth to make gravy if desired.