Brown rice and beans provide the base of this tostado. A Tex-Mex salad makes the topper. Serve as an appetizer, side dish or light meal. I make this using leftovers. Next time your cooking brown rice (or any rice) cook a little extra and heat some leftover beans in the micro to top the rice. Add some grated cheese if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup canned pinto beans, black beans or 1/2 cup red beans, rinsed and drained, heated
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded mixed greens or 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon sliced pitted ripe olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons purchased salsa
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1/4 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1lightly fry (or oven bake) the tortilla until crispy.
- 2On a serving plate, layer tortilla, rice and beans.
- 3Top with shredded greens, tomato, onion, carrot, olives, salsa, and sour cream.
- 4Garnish with thin avocado slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Tostado
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 1090.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: